• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geil Golden Dragon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtjuska

Hey i found some Geil Golden Dragon at newegg and was wondering if it would be worth it getting, since i know the mushkin is getting harder to find and it might be a while before i get it . anyway the specs on the golden dragon are PC4000 with CAS 2.5 - 4 - 4 - 8, its one of the only PC4000 ram that i have seen at 2.5 CAS i am going to probably be running it on a 2.8E prescott. I am waiting for money and reviews right now but i am leaning more that way every day Thanks for any help, oh and i am using a P4C800 E Dlx if you didn't see it in my sig ;)

i got some, 4 sticks actually

its geil, as in if it works its great, but if you touch the cas settings the ram will stop working no matter what

e.g. 2.5-4-4 right?

try 2.5-4-3 and ur board says "plz insert ram" ; even if you tried booting the things at 100mhz they still won't do 2.5-3-3

but otherwise they've got great tolerances for HIGH voltage and they don't run hot, but otherwise check for compatibility first

Back