• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For those running 2500+'s on air at/over 1.85v what are...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SithSolo1

Registered
temps under max load, what speed are you at, and how long have you been running it like this?

I'm trying to decide if I want to tempt fate or not. :cool:

Doh! Why is mine run so much hotter than yours? :eek:

I have the same heatsink, a 92mm adjustable enermax all the way up, 1.75 vcore, and I still hit 49C under load. Where are you taking the temps from? I've got a thermal probe sitting next to the core. I used Arctic Silver Ceramique, maybe I just used too much. :confused:

Last edited:
jlin453 said:
You can't really compare temps unless you have the same case, airflow, room temperature, etc

Yeah, I know but I just can't figure out why I'm runing so hot. I've got a nice big case with 2x120s moving about 65CFM each and I ilde around 33C. A 20C jump from idle to load just seems a little big.

Yeah, I know but I just can't figure out why I'm runing so hot. I've got a nice big case with 2x120s moving about 65CFM each and I ilde around 33C. A 20C jump from idle to load just seems a little big.

wow that seems like you are having ehaust issues.....maybe you need to get some more air outa the case?

hs lapped,modded,to get rid of deadspots:chieftechcase-sidepannel an extra hole with an enermax 92mm...

temps taken with mbm5,bios d22-3dfire heared it is some kind of accurate...

Last edited:
treepop said:

wow that seems like you are having ehaust issues.....maybe you need to get some more air outa the case?

I thought about that too but one of the 120s is about 3ins from the heat sink and then their is a PSU exhaust fan above it. I also tried lowing the intake and exhaust fans and it only made about a 1C difference in the CPU temp so that would leave me to believe exhaust is not an issuse. And I was mistaken about the airflow on the fans. At low they move 65CFM each. At high, where I had them, they move 95CFM each. :O

jlin453 said:
What heatsink are you using? Does it need to be lapped? Did you use any thermal compound?

Thermalright SLK900. Now that you mention it, it probably could use a lapping. The bottom was highly reflective but a bit rough to the touch. As for using thermal compund, why as. Of course I did, I used Arctic Ceramique. Now the more I think about it, the more I think I put on way too much. I used the instructions for putting it on a longer/thinner core but I probably used at least a grain of rice and a half's worth if not more. :( I'll remount it sometime this week and see if thats it.

i have the slk-900a with a sf2
using as5 vcore 1.85 at 2.2ghz prime stable
37i
42l---47 prime load
case temp
20-22i
24-26l----32prime load
have not lapped this one yet but prob. should it was a little rought.
i did it on my old v9 worked out great!!

Back