• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

to all 2.6c owners!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StealtheR

has anybody in here own a P4 2.6c and able to hit 3.5ghz+ yet? or even 3.6ghz?

please post your oc speed here.

would be kewl if can post the stepping as well and made.

thanks

3.45 is the max GHz I've gotten mine stable at, but it took a lot of voltage to do it (1.6v - I've considered going higher though).. It would be VERY NICE to know what my actual temps are ---f'in Abit.
It's been running 3.25GHz with a 1:1 ratio for several months though. I'm toying with my new Hyper-X with BH-5 chips, so we'll see..
I need more VDIMM!!! Maybe a new Epox board is what I really need.

I had 2 week 19s and one would clock to 3.42 alllllll day on air the other BARELY got 3.25. seems the 2.6's area real crap shoot....

Z

mine runs 100% stable at 3.45 all day on air (max temp with 2 Prime95 is around 36C) at 1.6V. It will run at 270FSB for about 3-4 hours before the first prime fails, never waited for the second one to fail (same temps) _at 1.675V. I am running it at 5:4 right now with my HyperX 3200(non-A).

YEA
i'm facing the same problem. i can't seem to by pass 3.5ghz with stable on prime95. i already got 2 new sticks of dual channel 2x256MB OCZ PC3500 EL w/Coopper HeatSpreaders

i think i need more vdimm too. :( this is sad c'mon IS7 you can do it

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! and what's your ram timing setting btw?

I'm 100% stable at 3.3 currently. I have pushed it up to 3.5 stable but I had to give up my lovely Mushkin timings of 2-2-2-5.

I have been running my 2.6C @ 3406Mhz using 1.60vcore. It is prime95 stable at that setting but needs more juice to go above 3.4Ghz. Not willing to go above the 1.60v on air cooling.

:) up for my new oc speed. passed all prime test today.

i just figured that my corsair xms ll doesn't like high voltage. instead of increase vdimm. i keep it at 2.65v and pump the vcore. yes it works.

running stable at the new speed (check my sig). i'll try it again tonight for 3.5g with corsair or my new ocz pc3500 el 2x256mb dual kit.

w00t!

Mine did 3.2 at 1.6v before I did something to it. Im going to pick up a 2.8 to replace it though, selling the 2.6 if its still works, wasent as good as I hoped it would be.

Krowa 02 said:
Mine did 3.2 at 1.6v before I did something to it. Im going to pick up a 2.8 to replace it though, selling the 2.6 if its still works, wasent as good as I hoped it would be.

what happened to your mobo and the cpu? damn..both of them broke? that sucks man :eek:

I've built one 2.6c that hit 3.6GHz and is prime 95 stable at 3.5 GHz. Stepping DSL6WS, Batch# Q337A180, Pack Date 10/09/03. I put a screencap up of it about 2/3 down this thread:
Linky

holy cow!

I did it. I broke the 3.5g barrier. OMG I passed Prime95 too

3513mhz holy smoke!!! i put in my OCZ PC3500 EL dual kit they run wh00pin @$$ @ 2.5-3-3-7 2.65vdimm 1.7vcore stable x2 Prime95

:D

pcmark2002.jpg

cpuid.jpg

cpuz.gif

cpuzocz.gif

Attachments

• pcmark2002.jpg
    pcmark2002.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 66
i HAD a 2.6c that did 3.25ghz on about 1.65v
it just died on me about a week ago and i have replaced it with a 2.4c, which i will not be overclocking this time.. (maybe a little)

SNDS my friends.. i hope you dont experience it but it is very possible. At first i thought it was a load of crap, but now I am a firm believer in SNDS, thing is i never overvolted over 1.7v. so just be careful guys, unless your rich :)

Back