• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good enough for 2.1ghz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFIsoldier

ok, i plan on going dual and also plan to hit 2.1 ghz with a pair of 2100+ dut3c or dlt3cs form newegg...the fsb will be at 150 anf the multi at 14x, would dual aero 7 lites be a good enough setup for this or does anyone know a $10-12 cooler that will keep my temps in the 30-40ºs at that oc?

AFIsoldier said:
ok, i plan on going dual and also plan to hit 2.1 ghz with a pair of 2100+ dut3c or dlt3cs form newegg...the fsb will be at 150 anf the multi at 14x, would dual aero 7 lites be a good enough setup for this or does anyone know a $10-12 cooler that will keep my temps in the 30-40ºs at that oc?

Don't count on hitting 150FSB. I have an MSI K7D Master and it doesnt really like anything over 138. Its highest divider is 1/4 for PCI so at 150 your PCI is going to be at 37.5 and your AGP at 75.

well then multi at 15-16 fsb at highest stable...do you think i will reach 2.1+ with that? and what el cheapo heatsink do you suggest?

the aero 7 lite will be totally fine for 2.1 ghz...look at my sig temps are below 45c even in the summer with no a/c

Hmmm ... I'm still a bit of a n00b, but I've never seen a "dlt3c"
or "dut3c" 2100. The only one they show at NewEgg
is the dkt3c. (1.65v)

Am I missing something here? (???)

The SK-7 are great heatsinks, it's too bad they stopped
making them. If you find a place in the U.S. that still sells them
online please let me know. :)

Susquehannock said:
Hmmm ... I'm still a bit of a n00b, but I've never seen a "dlt3c"
or "dut3c" 2100. The only one they show at NewEgg
is the dkt3c. (1.65v)

Am I missing something here? (???)

The SK-7 are great heatsinks, it's too bad they stopped
making them. If you find a place in the U.S. that still sells them
online please let me know. :)

DUT3C 2100s do exist, I'm sure, not sure about DLT3C 2100s tho.

AFIsoldier said:
well, the newegg deal has been scratched anyways lol...had to go the cheap way with free shipping via these http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=AX-1700 do you think i could be assured of 2ghz with those? and would the aero lite still be a decent heatsink? also would a volcano11+ work just as good as a aero lite?

From that page it looks like you could receive one of several
Tbred CPU.
Tbred A (1.5v), Tbred B(1.6v), or Tbred B(1.5v).

If you get the last one you'd be extremely lucky! :)

The "AXDA1700DQT3C" code confuses me a bit. (again! ;) )
Doesn't the "Q" designate that as a 1.45v chip?
Possibly a mobile? (???)
Or is that particular to the multi chips?

Last edited:
idk about the "Q" i was wondering myself...1.45 would be awesome! maybe i found a gem? will find out when i get them...do you think i would be happy with volcano11+s on that?

Well ... I have no experience with the Volcano11
but from what I've seen in the forums they are quite popular.

Please let us know how those chips turn out. :D

will do, volcano looks good enough, might as well use it..if not i guess i could send it back or seel it on these wonderfull forum pages

Back