• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Mobile Barton for a EP-8RDA+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zettler

Registered
I am ready to do another new PC for my son using an EP-8RDA+ MB and just found out the Barton 2500+ are locked! So, now I have been reading (and reading...) about Mobile Bartons and that they are the one's to buy now.

But I cannot find an answer to whether the Mobile Barton's will work in an EP-8RDA+ motherboard? Anyone....

Also, if I go with a Mobile Barton, which should I get - the AMD Mobile Barton 2400+ (instock) or wait for a Mobile Barton 2500+ (not in stock)?

And now that they are talking of price cuts with AMD CPU's - maybe next week - should I go ahead and wait some more to see what might be available at a decent price?

I wanted a Barton 2500+ (regular) like what I already have in mine but hear that ALL are locked after week 39 last year. That is what I get for not staying in touch - AND not buying another 1700+ when I could for $50 or less...

I have only found the Mobile Bartons at Newegg and the 2500 mobile is out of stock right now and sells for $15 more than the 2400+ Mobile.

All input is appreciated!

Yea, I sure am glad I jumped in and ordered my mobile 2500 last week. It'll be here thursday. :) My first build....awwww

Now I see that NewEgg has the Mobile 2500 back in-stock (2/4) but it is still $16 more than the 2400 Mobile. I hope I mae the right decision, what with possible price changes in the offing...

Milkman said:
I will post my results, I ordered my mobile 2500+ monday and it will be here tommorow:) and a 3 day weekend to tweak it:D

Okay Milkman, what did you attain? I got my CPU on Friday and it is running now and got the last 2003 Bios update installed. NOw need suggestions on the Tweaks to use...

Been too long since I did this!

So why does Newegg list the mobile 2500 Barton as having a stock FSB of 266? Is this a misprint or can you get that much of an overclock of the FSB (400+)?

No it's not a misprint the mobile one's have a 266 bus speed and I have seen many 266fsb cpu well over 500fsb or ddr speed.

craneage2001 said:
So why does Newegg list the mobile 2500 Barton as having a stock FSB of 266? Is this a misprint or can you get that much of an overclock of the FSB (400+)?

by defualt, the mobile bartons are 133fsb while the regular 2500+ bartons are 166fsb. This default speed has nothing to do with its overclockability.

craneage2001 said:
The Epox section's a graveyard...I was curious as to results with the mobile Bartons, which is why I posted it here.
Everyone must be in the Abit section ;)

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=266625&highlight=mobile+epox

According to chillphatcat, the mobile barton works on his 8rd3a+. I'm no expert on Epox boards, but what's the differnece between a 8rd3a+ and your 8rda+?

(oops, having multiple windows are bad. posted this response in the wrong thread. Oh well, I'm sure you'll see this since you're suscribed to both. I'm sure you've searched this already too, but just in case :) )

Back