• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a 3.0c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crazyjj

Registered
Removed everything, I will continue to work on this on my own. Didnt get much help so this thread will be pointless. Thanks for your help ShaDawg

Last edited:
Well I dont have a 3.0, just a 2.4, but what I would try to do is run around a 265fsb, which would give you 3975 with a 5/4 you get 212, which isnt amazing, but aint bad especially with 2-2-2 timings. You should be able to get her over 4 with the prommy you have, but I would still watch the voltage and dont give it more than 1.7 if it doesn't want it. P4s seem to want plenty of volts when they get over 3.5Ghz for not too much more speed, so don't push it too hard :)

I am testing my 2.4C at 300fsb right now, but only in single channel, my motherboard maxes out at 285 in dual channel. The p4 will do the 285fsb(3.420ghz) at 1.575v, but 300fsb(3.6ghz) wants 1.675v.

Back