• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

o/c with a button?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeaglinG

Registered
hello, i heard there is a program called setfsb (for p4c800/p800) that o/c (raise the FSB) so i though, is it possible to make button that when u click it will o/c ur comp? and when its not clicked it will be with regualr fsb? like a shortcut to the program that will open it, change the fsb, and close it? but do it fast? maybe even just take the commands that it does and put them in some faster program...

tnx.

its just a question to see if its possible.

Some boards now come with an onboard Overclocking chip
to save several BIOS overclocking settings.

Just one click of the mouse to switch between them.
Isn't that more convienient that a hard switch? :)

Susquehannock said:
Some boards now come with an onboard Overclocking chip
to save several BIOS overclocking settings.

Just one click of the mouse to switch between them.
Isn't that more convienient that a hard switch? :)

Could you name some of these boards? That is interesting!

Startech said:

The only personal experience I have with this is
the P4 based ABIT Ai7 board. The AMD based An7 also
has this feature. It's my understanding that ASUS also has
something similar. :)

Here's Abit's offical page:
http://www.abit-usa.com/technology/uguru.php

You can also check out the following reviews of the "uGuru"
feature on the Ai7:
http://www.overclockers.com.au/article.php?id=239628&P=2

http://www.digital-daily.com/motherboard/abit-ai7/

Last edited:
if your board is supported you can use clockgen to overclock on the fly in windows :)

Maxvla said:
if your board is supported you can use clockgen to overclock on the fly in windows :)

That's true. :)

nVidia also has a system utility* for nForce2-3 boards
to adjust OCing from within Windows. Although
many of the features aren't available with this particular
Soltek board. :(
The important ones like RAM timing and FSB adjustment
are available though. :D

Last edited:
TheFlons said:
I wish the NF7 had this capability. It would save alot of restarts.

Have you tried the nVidia system utility lynked above?
Doesn't it work with the nf7?

According to the "Products Supported" list
it works with the nf7-s.

pasted from nVidia page:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Products Supported

Full product functionality is only available on the products below.
Check www.nvidia.com/motherboards periodically for updated vendor support of this utility.

NVIDIA nForce2:
ASUS A7N8X-E
Biostar M7NCG
Epox EP-8RDA+
Epox EP-8RDA3+
ABIT NF7-S *** :)
NVIDIA nForce 3:
Gigabyte K8NNXP
Shuttle AN50
NOTE: Some NVIDIA nForce products will require you to update
your BIOS to enable functionality with the NVIDIA System Utility.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/sysutility_1.0.html
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Perhaps not with the nf7. (no "s")
Is so that's a shame. :(
You know, it's not exactly fully functional with my Soltek either.
Perhaps SOME of the functions will work with
the nf7 as with this frn2-rl board. (???)

Last edited:
The NVIDIA System Utility DOES work with the NF7. The only thing is that you have to update your BIOS to one that will support it. You can find all of the information in the BIOS update webpages for the NF7 on Abit's website.

There you go Flons :thup:

From the posts over at AMDmb I thought it might work
with the nf7.
That utility sure is useful in this Soltek.
OCing from the BIOS it will only reach 218fsb before it defaults
back to 100mhz.

In contrast, I can get it all the way up to 238fsb from within
Windows with the sys. utility. Though it still defaults back
to 100mhz after startup. :(

I have been working so much I have not kept up with the latest and greatest. These feature available on these boards will probably send me into another buying spree to upgrade all my systems.

I recently built 3 systems with my son and he did 99% of the work INCLUDING working out max possible stable overclock for each system. We all know how time consuming this can be and for him (very little patience) I was impressed that he stuck with it.

These features will greatly aid in leting him loose on some more of our systems and tweaking to his hearts content without spending all weekend doing it.

Startech said:

My mobo (Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-L) comes with 'easy-tune 4' which is a Windows based O/C program with temperature monitors and rail voltage monitors. It's pretty nice. You can change several things.

There do seem to be a few little bugs, but its nothing that can harm your system (and if it does Giga will ave to deal with it). For instance it will state that your AGP is at 79 (vs.66) when your FSB is at 238, when in reality bios has all those channels locked with the correct devider. And the Ghz indicator is fickle, and the other little indicators are a bit difficult to understand...lol

I guess what i'm getting at is that if you have a Gigabyte board, this is a decent way to modify FSB to obtain o/c in Windows, and it's a reliable monitoring tool.

One word "DigiDice"!

Abits first barebone system that I know of. Is a mobo packed inside of a case about the size of a Shutle. It allows you to OC by turning a nob, and gives you 5 gears to fly in.

DigiDice Stats

The first computers I seen that were win compatable had a turbo buton on them...of course it only turned a light on and made you think it was doing something.

Can anyone say false advertizing!

Sniper_83 said:
The first computers I seen that were win compatable had a turbo buton on them...of course it only turned a light on and made you think it was doing something.

Can anyone say false advertizing!

ive been working with my hair dressers computer that has a turbo on it

it will either run at 125mhz with a multi or 1 and fsb of 125
or 166mhz with a multi of 2 and an fsb of 83.5

well thats what cpu z says

I quite like a one of those levers that you push forward like on Star Wars, "going to hyperspace" *PUSH* *little LED display going up rapidly to show clock speed* it would be cool to do that sorta thing :)

Oooh just imagine one of those modded rooms with all the screens and lights to make it look like your in a spacecraft :O. can you say 0wn3d!

-DaMouse

Sniper_83, the machines that you have seen with turbo buttons where they actived in the bios?

i took a look on my dad answerphone computer and u can enable the turbo button in bios or have it disabled but no matter what the light still works :) its so pritty

Back