• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Problems maybe system problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mobilecommand

Registered
Hello

To make a long story short, On Dec 1st i bought a new pc, Intel p4 3.0 ghz HT, Ati 9600xt, 1gig Generic memory, intel d865perl Motherboard, case, generic powersupply etc.. When ever i would play call of duty or EQ, or any type of that calibar game the system would freeze and i would get a constant wine from the speakers when the system would lock.. Since then I have upgraded the psu to antec true 430, replaced the 9600xt, RMA'd the MB to intel, got a new sound card and had 5 swaps of memory till i just got the corsair high end memory matched set. So when i put the corsair memory in it blue screened my box till i manually set the memory to cl 2-3-3-6 Then that worked.. I formatted the hd, and installed the intel Active software.. Its basically a piece of software that allows you to overclock the board, memory, and do a stress test on the system etc.. its only works on the d865 or higher boards.. Well when i run the test for 6 hours i get 8 repoted errors on 2d.. Currenlty i have vpu recover off, the agp is set to 4x, and fast write cache is disabled. With all these problems i have gone though i am not sure that the software is reporting a false positive or am I still having more problems.. I am using the latest drivers from, intel, ati, creative and, the motherboard has been flased to rev 13 of the bios which i downloaded 2 days ago... If ya got any idea's on what to try next please let me know.

Thanks
Jon

Back