• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prescott 2.8 For sale Definite here!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tedinde

Xtreme refugee
http://www.azzo.com/af4/list.asp?CtgID=130

I've ordered from Azzo before and they are well known forever. They said they only have 2.8 OEM's in stock NO BS. I told them i have a lot of Frequent Flier miles to Fly down there if they are BSing!! He laughed.

Good luck all. Im still going to keep my Spartantech order open till Friday the 6th Promised shipping date. I can never have to many CPU's!!!!

If not then everyone meet me @ resellers. someone already biatched about the prescott hustle already!!! hehe:D

Considering warranty differences, do you think it's worth it at all to choose a retail over an OEM? Since I'll OC it, does the warranty even matter? Chompin' at the bit!

KrisMCool said:
Considering warranty differences, do you think it's worth it at all to choose a retail over an OEM? Since I'll OC it, does the warranty even matter? Chompin' at the bit!

What warranty do you get retail 3 years??

If you overclock your chip or overvolt it that's what will kill it. If you kill it and RMA it that is called stealing.

your chip will not die if you dont abuse it.

I have plenty of keychain CPU's probably more than anyone here!!!

Azzo is solid. If you get the DOA chips or a problem right away they will replace that OEM chip

When i called they didnt tell me how many they had, only that they were going quick.

You can wait if you want. Im sure they will start popping up other places soon.

Thanks, just thought I'd get your opinion. I wasn't really concerned as much about possible RMA situations, but whether I'd have a better chance at an OC-capable chip since the warranty is longer. Maybe that makes no difference, luck of the draw and all. My current chip doesn't OC too well, so I'm contemplating whether to take a chance on Prescott or maybe a MO 2.8C.

KrisMCool said:
Thanks, just thought I'd get your opinion. I wasn't really concerned as much about possible RMA situations, but whether I'd have a better chance at an OC-capable chip since the warranty is longer. Maybe that makes no difference, luck of the draw and all. My current chip doesn't OC too well, so I'm contemplating whether to take a chance on Prescott or maybe a MO 2.8C.

my chip is an OEM....maybe not the best SL6RZ, but for the date it is.:clap:

mica

So OEMs arn't bad afterall.

I always thought the OEMS would have the older or less overclocable chips on them.

Now i just need to wait till they get a 3.0E

:drool: mmmm, OEM

Never had an Intel OEM, but the best AMD chips I ever had were OEM, heh heh some even came with the blue plastic tray!

Out of over 100 AMD chips i've bought in the last year or more. Maybe 2 of them were retail.

Never even thought about RMAing a AMD anyway, Usually if not always it's user error somehow. too many volts, chipped whatever.

batboy said:
I just now fired off an order to Azzo.

Even updated your sig!!!:D

My FEDEX guy doesnt come till late afternnon. Gonna tell him just to "will call" the Azzo package tomorrow and i'll pick it up @ 7am.

Now all they have to do is ship. They always have before the next day of order.

It's a race between Spartan and Azzo to see who wants my business... I go with the first one that confirms shipment and will cancel my order with the loser. I have a feeling Spartan will lose. At this point, I hope they lose too.

It shows that in the "All P4's" page but when you actually click on it, Not the buy button the info link here

http://www.azzo.com/af4/details.asp?ProdID=863

It says

All the 2.8E's for today 2/5 are sold. More will be in Monday the 9th. This is a preorder for those CPU's

But at least that tells you their Status on the chips. And they would not post if they werent a lot more sure than Spartan's BS.

Back