• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinkin upgrading, computer specs, Advice plz:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leathersmt

I am thinking of upgrading. I am not able to get out of my computer what I think I should be getting. I am thinking about the the video card or the memory. I am leaning towards the 9800 256 ati. or the OCZ PC4200

ASUS P4C800-Deluxe

memory is OCZ PC3700 and now, it is holding 800fsb locked in

3.2 clocked to steady regular air 3.54
note, can do 3.7, but it gets unstable and I have to lower it.
maybe going cooler ?? I have a Volcano fan I can add, it is just SO loud....

ATI 9700 128mb card, cannot clock it much,333/317 is about it, then I start getting artifacts.

Sound Blast Platinum Audigy 2, with 5 point surround, Hey, it doesn't get much better then this for the sound, so I am going to leave it as is.

hardrives 36gig Raptor> Rocks
120gig IBM 7500rpm storage

Thank all of you who looked at this thread and those that post helpful ideas.

not too sure what would be holding you back... cause your ram isn't even running at spec. but i would go with the ati 9800, you're talking about the 9800xt, right?

i'm assuming the raptor is running your programs, does it make a big difference?

Yes, either the XT or the All in wonder that has the TV hook ups.

For instance, on the 3DMark2001SE I just did, I came back with a score of 15297. Now that seems awfully low. For the system I have. The Raptor is not in the machine at the moment, but I plan on adding it back in soon. Still.

Last edited:
pci express? is that the one for pci? though agp are better?

just finished reading... its cool.. but when the time it comes out, its gonna be expensive and no hardware available for the kind of architecture...

Back