• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fortron, antec, or ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Benzie500E

Alright, i'm torn picking a new PSU. I want something thats very quiet, and extremely reliable.

Antec PSU's have been known since the beginning of PSU time as being reliable. But how is their noise?

I specifically need a 400watt+ psu

the true430 got a bad noise score on
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article28-page3.html

and a low quality score???? thats odd

After doing some research here, although I had never heard of a Fortron, alot of people here swear by Fortron.

How is a fortron's noise level? specifically a 400watt+ fortron?

If there is another PSU i should be considering for noise and power level, let me know, thanks!

George

Fortron just released a 400w model with the 120mm fan - so far it looks to be about the best thing out there for good power at low noise. Newegg has it at the moment, or if you're in Canada www.cbit.ca also carries it.

my antec true480 is so silent that as soon as i turned it on, i wondered the capabilities of its dual fans. seriously, this thing is quieter than a zalman passive heatsink. all the voltages fall within at most 2% out of spec under high oc so its a good psu.

My TP430 has gradually gotten louder and louder over a year of use. Still pretty quiet but loud enough for me to start looking into how one replaces the rear 80mm fan on that PSU. I do not think the 90mm bottom fan is the problem. Anyone know where to buy Verax fans in the states? I have never been able to find them anywhere.

Interesting that the Fortron 120mm didn’t pass with flying colors either

I have two truepower 430's and if you have even 1 case fan i guaruntee you will not be hearing this thing. I stopped all my other fans and unless my ear was right to this thing i could not hear it.

Rich

i think i'm going to go for the truepower....its something i know and feel confident with

Rich25 said:
I have two truepower 430's and if you have even 1 case fan i guaruntee you will not be hearing this thing. I stopped all my other fans and unless my ear was right to this thing i could not hear it.

Rich

It's true :p

Back