• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The dream is over

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vonkaar

Whiners from one company finally whined to the right person and I have to pull the plug on about 80Ghz.

bad day... looks like I won't make the top ten after all...

I freaking hate people some times.

That's too bad.... Any reason why people were whining?

I might be able to make up the lost GHz for the team soon, I think I'm going to be able to get my school folding which should add about 300-400 Pentium 4's, not sure what speed though.

Man....sorry to hear that. That would sure ruin my day! Hang in there, I'm sure that the Great Vonkaar will borg many more systems and make up those lost gigs!

That sucks man. Stupid people. Some people just don't understand sometimes. Working on getting my school folding, its a very small school, but its something. I am sure you will borg plenty more comps, don't worry.

Matt

Ah, very bad day indeed. Well there's really nothing you can do but borg other machines...

Been there and done that.

I know how it feels Vonkaar. Although I only had to pull the plug on roughly 25 ghz, it still beats badly. The reason I had to cut it, was a chicken politician... sorta rings a bell no?

Cheers man, tough stuff like that makes hair grow in yer...... well, you get the picture :D

Flix

Yeah, I'm gettings some static now too, so any time a machine is reinstalled, there's no folding. I go in and add it eventually, but I'm not being as prompt about it as usual and have at least 10 ghz down that could be folding. Trying not to make waves just now as the company is very busy.

Yep I had to pull the plug all so.
Had then running at night , and people threw a fit. but its all right to leave them on doing nothing.
Oh well.:(

He's like... 800 years old too. You'd think he'd want to HELP with Alzheimer's or something. Rat blastard.

The email was something like...

"Do we really want to contribute to this project? With our CORPORATE PCs?"

I was thinking... well, gee... as opposed to our non-corporate PCs... assmonkey...

His whole department are the biggest whiners in the whole universe. I know this because I created the universe and all things are made visible to me. So yes, he is the biggest whiner ever. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with them all the time... when one user parallel to him got an LCD monitor (because his desk is basically a 2x4 with legs... deskpace=premium) he whined to the desktop guy about favoritism or something else whinetastic.

Freaking whiner...

I curse his family with premature baldness and ever-present 'ugly' women. May he rot in hades with those that consider scientific research 'unneccessary'. I hope Stanford discovers some preventative treatment for Parkinson's the day after he's diagnosed with it...

Freaking 9-year old, bottle sucking, crotch-rotting, assfaced tit-baby whiner...

Okay... yeah... so I guess I'll have to actually build a real 'farm' won't I? I seriously think this will drop me down to a measely 2k ppw.

Freaking whiners...

Man I'm really sorry to hear that. I have expirienced siilar things but not in the same scale.
I hope you can get to them somehow !!!
Do as my admin did to us. Change their refresh rate to 60 Hz !!!!
(if you can of course)
They'll never notice anything but it will sure affect them :)
Just a thought !

Ouch sorry to hear that vonkaar thats a big hit, but unfortunatly these things do and will happen, all you can do is take it and come back stronger than ever with a new arsenal.

-Chris

Melhisedek said:

Do as my admin did to us. Change their refresh rate to 60 Hz !!!!
(if you can of course)
They'll never notice anything but it will sure affect them :)
Just a thought !

How does that hurt anything ? Isn't the default 60hz ?

Back