• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ICS NIC to NIC how?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
I'm helping my parents share a 56k connection between their computers. Both run win2k. One has a US Robotics modem, both have NIC's and there is a crossover cable connecting the NIC's.

I've never setup ICS and I'm not on location. I need to be able to tell my dad how to set it up.

Edit: google is my friend- hope this helps anyone else looking to do the same thing.

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/ics/ics_win2k_install_dup.htm

Last edited:
I just did this two days ago, So what you gotta do, on the computer with the connection that you wanna share, open up the dialup connection, as if you were going to connect, Click Properties, then Click the Advanced Tab under ICS, select allow other networks users to connect through this computers internet connection. and if you want you can check the two below that "i did".

Then Make sure the computer NIC "the one with the modem" has an IP of 192.168.0.1, and then go over to the other computer and set it's IP to 192.168.0.2, and in its setting somewhere you'll find a place that says "gateway", enter the IP 192.168.0.1 in there, then you should be able to access the internet thoug the other computer over your network :)

DDR-PIII said:

Then Make sure the computer NIC "the one with the modem" has an IP of 192.168.0.1, and then go over to the other computer and set it's IP to 192.168.0.2, and in its setting somewhere you'll find a place that says "gateway", enter the IP 192.168.0.1 in there, then you should be able to access the internet thoug the other computer over your network :)

You would also need to setup the dns table on the second pc with the address of the gateway pc.

Or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just setup the 2nd pc to obtain an address, because the ICS pc will serve up ip addresses.

Obviously the ICS pc would need to be on and dialed-up inorder for pc 2 to use the internet.

Back