• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New DVD Burner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killerkid

Hi all, i think its time that i upgraded to a dvd burner. I was thinking about going with the Lite-On 811s Retail, its only 132.00 at newegg i believe. Does/Has anyone owned one of these dvd burners. It is a 8x burner and it is dual format, im pretty sure thats everything i need. Do they have 8x dvd media out yet? I've currently only seen 4x. Also, i heard that soon there coming out with dual layered dvd's. meaning you can burn twice on 1 side of 1 cd. I have also heard that they are making double sided dvd's, any truth to any of this? If not, please no flames lol.

well, thanks for your time all, bye.

I know that there are dual layer DVDs. Im not sure if there are any burners that out for PCs yet that are dual layer. Also haven't seen any double sided media yet, aside from comercial movie DVDs.

if you dont want to bother and wait for dual layer to come out (and to spend a LOT of $$ on the drives and especially, media) i would go with the Pioneer 106D or 106BK. (D = white and BK = black faceplate) I own one myself and its the best dvd burner ive used.
the firmware is totally hackable and i read an article somewhere where Pioneer was able to burn dual layer WITH the drive. so i'm keeping my eye out for a new firmware with dual layer capability :)

Back