• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jest ordered some needed cooling supplies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zbgsaa

Registered
Just ordered some needed cooling supplies

I am running my barton 2500 at 190x11 @ stock voltage

my ide temps are roughly 39c/22c load 45c/24c with stock cooling and come other strategically placed fans

I ordered a slk947u and 2 92mm tornados....im going to get those and check temps then maybe get a duct kit to pull in cold air...or make a custom one to use the 92mm vs 80

im hoping this will cool me down significantly....i will run my TT SF22 on my 947 until i get a vantec 205 or a rheobus to control the tornado

Should i lap the 947 and if so how do i do it properly

I know tto use glass as a base and start with grits like 600>800>1000>1200>1500>2000

approximately how much time do i spend on each grit and what kind of motion do i use\? do i need to use a polishing compound after im done?

Last edited:
Fever said:
Sounds like a nice upgrade in cooling. :) Just one thing though, why didn't you pick up the SP-97 instead of the 947U?

not much temp difference to justify the added cost

now i need to find something to cool my northbridge...since how i am using onboard video and i get unstable if i run 200x11 at even 1.8v but i can do 190x11 at stock....weird should i leave the agp at stock voltage or what?

Going much over 800 grit doesn't do much IMHO. I always go in a circular motion when I lap something. Do NOT use a polishing compound. I usually use up to 800-1000 grit and when I'm done I rinse it off and dry it really well then I clean it off with alcohol. Then just make sure you use the proper amound of arctic silver.

Back