• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O.C. barton, or 64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FiveSeven

going to build a new machine soon and i was wonder if i should just take a 25 barton to 32 or buy a 64 chip. im afraid the 64 is to new and the barton is to old. my 9800pro is crying for a machine update lol, or wich is better for gaming?

A 64 system running at stock speeds will beat a barton o/c'd to 2.2ghz. The XP3200+ just isn't as fast as an A64 3000/3200, the barton is yesterdays technology, and the A64 is the current tech.

I just replaced my aging XP system with an A64 3200+ its definatly a lot faster than the old XP's. Remember Athlons have been around now for about 5 years, their time is up.

yup i understand what u mean, i just priced out a system and its close to a grand w/o hard drive and graphics card :( as of my understanding the FX is the only unlocked chip, but with a nforce3 board can u take the FSB up on them yet?

Back