• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pls help. XP3200 barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hamer84

Just recently got my xp3200 barton with asus a7n8x-e deluxe, with 2 512 ddr 400 mhz ram. Seems to be unstable with a 200 fsb setting in my bios, especially when starting a game. Most of the time it shuts down and reboots. If I change my fsb setting in bios to 166 instead of 200, wich now turns my 3200 into a 2500 , everything runs fine and is very stable. Any ideas as to how to correct this problem.

Exactly what memory do you have? Saying you have DDR400 memory is pretty general. It's like asking someone what kind of car they have and they say Chevy. You really want to know the model, engine, etc...

Anyway. The problem is probably your memory. Set the timings manually to 3-4-4-11 and see if the problem goes away.

Edit: Also, what kind of CPU temps are you getting in Hardware Monitor?

I would install MBM5 or SpeedFan 4.09 to check the temps... sounds like something isn't right in that department... maybe the case is too hot or the heatsink wasen't installed properly!

Or maybe running @ 3200+ draws too much juice which his PSU can't handle. What power supply do you have anyway? Give the brand and model number.

I agree that Asus has probs with 200 fsb. Here is an out side chance, Could you have ended up with a rebranded cpu. This is happening more and more in Europe and Asia, and I wound not be supprised if it's more rampent than everyone thinks. Just some food for thought . http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14025

up dateing your bios can help as well.could fix issues with your memory,if that is causeing your probs.

The A7N8X Deluxe is very picky with dual ddr... if you have generic memory, that's your problem. I am speaking from experience, i had some no name ram before I bought my Samsungs. also, check he nforcers forum, they will also give you some input: http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/, then click on Asus. good luck.

Back