• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700pro, What does this "beep code" mean?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CdyRls

Registered
Anytime I plug in my 9700pro and try to boot the computer it starts beeping and there is no picture. So I assume this is a code for what is wrong with the GFX card. The beeping pattern is "Beeeeeeep, Beep, Beep, Beep" Does anyone know what this means?

By the way, this card wasnt always doing this. I have a Zalman Heatpipe on my card with the fan attached to it and the fan had a couple blades break off so now that is no longer attached to it. But I dont think that should be the reason for the beeping.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

that is a vid card related beep code. you may want to try seating the card better or trying it in a different mobo to make sure the card isn't fragged.

also make sure your ram slots are allowing it go all the way into the slot.I've seen where it looks like it all the way in but the locking lever for ram was holding it up just enough to not allow it to

*sigh* dude, that sucks huge...I have the same mobo as you, I'm checking the manual right now to see if the beeps mean the same thing as the award-BIOS

Yup. When I burnt my Ti4200, it gave me the one-long, three-short error on my Asus P2B-D. Looked up the beep code, figured it wasn't in tight or something else... Nope.

If you get the beep code, the card hardware has identified itself as a VGA card and then sent a "failed to initialize" to the bus controller. This beep code is the death tone for your card.

My guess is the power cable isn't plugged in or isn't a clean connector. By that I mean its an extension off of another device. Try a clean power connector.

You don't seem to quite understand...

The one-long, three-short can only come if a device on the bus asserts itself as the primary (or only) VGA device, and then sends a device failure / init failure. This doesn't come from a bad connection, this comes from faulty hardware.

Back