• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Assus owner looking at NF7-S Ver 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniper.nkc

I am thinking about getting a NF7-S ver 2. The reason is I want more speed for on-line gaming, ie CS. I have look around here and noticed some have problems hittting higher speeds and others are hitting around 225 FSB.

My Assus Board can hit 211 X 11 at 2-2-2-6 with stability on a barton 2500. What performance will I get with my current configuration if I was to get a NF7-S ver 2? Are there any issues?

Unfortunatly, I'm in that boat. I just upgraded from a KT600. I still cant get it P95 stable past 222.

Im gonna give it another run and see what happens.

BTW I just got mine 2 days ago

There's really not much telling. I don't know if a motherboard upgrade is really worth another 10 fsb or so. However, it does seem like people get higher overall CPU clocks with the NF7-S as well - anywhere from 100-200mhz.

Im actually getting lower:(

I was able to boot @ 2.335 with 1.75v

Now I cant even load windoz

Max right now appears to be 2.23 @ 1.775 :(

err..ummm

Correction!

Im no longer sure what my highest clock speed will be. My stupid MOFSETS were overheating:rolleyes: . Im gonna try getting to 2.5ghz now.

Not sure. My mobo is capping out at 2.25 for some odd reason. Im not really sure if its worth a $100 upgrade, however it might be for you.

I decided to order the NF7-2 Ultra 400. I really want to see if this board will give me more than Assus A7N8x Del 2.0.

On my current rig, I am hitting 213 X 11 with Vdimm Mod. I am planning to do a Vcore mod and I have ordered the Vantec Tornado and speed control panel to see how far I can OC.

On the Abit board, what bios is good for ocing and benchies? Is there anything I must know before I put this board together? I will report back when I have results in.

Back