• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help i am a newbie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HURACAIN

hello all i am looking for any help on overclocking my laptop its a advent 5493 p3 933 mhz 256 meg ram and wanting to overclock it to 1000 mhz or over if i can .as i said i am new and havent got a clue what to do .but hopeing u all might help
thank u for any help given even if its bad news lol

hummm.. I haven't heard of Laptop OC'ing.. I'm afraid you wont be able to OC that thing.. the casing is too tight, very tight space .. no room for good cooling your chip and the rest of your chips. it is not impossible to overclock but maybe somebody else can help you.

Goodluck.

I think that if I owned a laptop I would also be afraid to overclock it for fear that the extra heat would ruin it.

thank u for all the help if any one can think of anything then please get in touch .

Don't do it -- and why the hell would you OC a smokin' 933mhz laptop anyway? The thing's (probably) more powerful than both my home PCs combined! It's not even a question of risk people -- some common sense here.

Back