• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tw00sh

After you make the RAID Array, do you have to format your drives for windows to consider the two drives one?

I am asking because the RAID array says 74GB, but windows sees two 35GB? Is this normal or am I missing a format somewhere to make the two drives one?

I think your missing the drivers.Look in device manager under mass storge controllers for the yellow exclamation point and update the driver there.Windows will then see the array so you can partition and/or format from disk management.

Not sure what you are going to do but if you want to install the O.S. on the raid array you will need to press f6 at the begining to load dos drivers from the a: drive.

Drive manufacturers have software for cloning one drive to another and making it bootable as do some raid arrays.If I knew your intentions for the array i could be more specific.

Last edited:
Okay

I did use the drivers for the Raid controller when I installed windows.

The problem is when I go into Driver Management, it shows TWO physical drives. C: and SATA2.

It does not say C: = 74GB, it says it equals 35GB.

It does however say in the RAID BIOS that there is a 74GB stripped array. So the raid is saying the drives are in RAID 0, but windows is seeing the drives as independant.

Why?

SM Bus Controller has the explination point on it?

But, when I open the SCSI device area the RAID card is listed?

What is SM Bus COntroller?

The system management bus is for Intel chipsets,it should be included on the mobos driver disc.If not and it doesnt update automatically in device manager go here .

shadowdr said:
The system management bus is for Intel chipsets,it should be included on the mobos driver disc.If not and it doesnt update automatically in device manager go here .

Thanks, that will help me a lot

Back