• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

celeron 800 @ 100fsb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigRed

Caffinated Member
i was looking at the intel site the other day, and I read somthing that said that the new celeron 800mhz has a 100mhz fsb, is this true? if it is would this be a good (inexpensive) processor to get to overclock? cause id think this processor would kick some *** cause of the faster fsb.

I haven't had any personal experience, but it is true that the 800 celeron is at 100 FSB, and yes 1 Gig is certainly an easily attained reality (who knows the limits).

anyone out there who has one of these or has overclocked with one of these? cause id like some info on the overclocking ability on this processor cause i can get one for under $100 and i wanna know if i can oc it rather well.

Yep! The 800 is a 100Mhz fsb chip (8*100). It's expensive compared to a Duron, but a great upgrade if you can't or don't want to replace your current (iBX?) mobo. Mine ran 1Ghz (8*125) straight out of the box, and I've been upto 1120Mhz (8*140) but this takes a lot of tweaking and upping voltages so I'm gonna wait until I can get a decent stick of 256MB cas2 PC133 or 150 SDRAM. Check the CPU database; you'll see that all of the Celerons 800 run 1Ghz just like that and with a pretty low voltage. I believe they are basically top notch P3's which had bad cache, thus remarked as a Celeron. The Celeron 850 is about to be released, so prices for the 800 should drop anytime soon! :)

yes 100FSB celeron is finaly here, intel only needed 2 years.....

now the next question, who will fix the slow 100FSB that the 800 runs on and get it running at 133FSB

Back