• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

Decided to stress test my new system with prime95 trying to find some 10,000,000 digit number however with the program running it only uses about 50% of my total procecssors power. Each one is running at 50% and not 100. Any ideas. i've been playing around in the options and can't find anything. I've also checked the processes and upped the priority of it.
Duck

I found where you can assign one to each CPU but if that's true then why does it use 50% of each one right now with only one open?

lol yea i'm sure. It was only an upgrade really. I was able to sell my old dual board and ram and that bought the new board. I just had to cough up about $500 for the system. That's a cheap dell when you look at it :) feels like a whole new comp. I found that by renaming the prime95 folder and running it again that I could run two instances of it but then that only made it crunch the same 10,000,000 digit number twice. I couldn't make it find another one. I just don't understand how it could use 50% of each processor and not 100% unless I started two instances of it.
Duck

Back