• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm about to buy an EXTREMELY Expensive case. Help me pick the color!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amino

Ok, I'm about to spend $350 on a case. It's the CoolerMaster ATC-110 chassis. Now, I just have to pick the color. The dorks on the webpage didn't give a preview of all the colors, just Hummer Yellow and a BMW Steel Blue-ish looking color. There's also Corvette Red, M5 Carbon Black, Maserati Blue Mediterraneo and Porche Black.

I'm leaning toward either Yellow or Red. What do you guys think? It's going to have a window, so I need to have some colors matching it with the CCFL tubes I'm going to get. I was thining of red with purple or blue ccfl's or yellow with purple or green.

What do you think?

First, I think you're crazy for spending that much on a case :) I guess the sellers really like cars, eh? Anyway, about the colors: I've always been partial to black. I'm a fan of the Obsidian Black color you find on Infiniti G35s so I'd say go for the M5 Carbon Black.

~THT

I would say go for the Maserati Blue Mediterraneo. If it's the same color as on the cars. It will be a cool deep dark blue.

Well, I just bought it... I've got a lot of money to blow on this system. It's going to be a dream system, housing the computer on the left in my sig.

I went with the red with purple lights. I know I could find a lot of cases for half that. In fact, I ordered a regular Aspire antec clone with all the parts from newegg, which cost less than a third of it, AND came with a PSU. But I just wanted to have the flashiest computer ever. Plus, the case isn't painted just plain red, or just plain black. It's painted like a Voodoo PC. It's got 5 layers of automotive grade paint, and 3 of clearcoat. Before I put everything in it, I'm going to wax it! Just kidding... actually, I might! haha!

Here's a pic of the yellow one, only mine's not going to have the stupid OC System sticker on there:

ocsystem_1770_957943

Last edited:
Hey sure it's expensive, but if this case his dream, why bash on his choice?

Not everyone wants only functionality for as little money as possible, or not all the time.

I never want only functionality. Functionality without form these days is pase` or however you spell that word. It's a coolermaster ATC-110 so you know it's already functional, and a paid an extra $50 for the paint job. I wouldn't say that was unreasonable. I mean, I believe I've read somewhere that a quart of Ferarri paint is like $700, and they use automotive paint from the manufacturers, just like Voodoo. And even if they didn't, I'd still think it was pretty damn good looking.

I mean look at it! It's a beauty! And you won't find very many of them around, seeing as it's a discontinued case design. In addition, the sleek look of this case will last forever. Most other cases that are half the price or less have a look that's appealing for a few weeks and then you're like, "eh... this is a little too much..." or "eh, I don't really like it anymore... I wish I got something else." But I know that with this case, I'll always be like "wow, this case looks awesome." The only other case that I'd say that about, a year after I bought it would be an Antec clone. But then again, they're kinda boring to start out with, since there are so many that look just like it... This one really stands out.

is this case for a business?

amino
i saw your sig, it says club music, hm, maybe it is tax-deductible,
i do like your case, very flashy

I hope that baby will accept the new btx form factor. It would be a real shame to only get 1 system out of that beautiful case.

Good case but price is not of concern. Actually I would spend that much for a superb case that is completely aluminum.

Just to let u know I have a Super Flower and spent almost 300 something bucks on a case. At the time when I was looking for a case, I looked at Cooler Master ATC-201, ATC-110, ATC-210, and the Super Flower case.

Also I like the Blue or the Yellow. Black is ok to me.

Back