• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Knoppix 3.4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
The newest Knoppix featuring the 2.6 kernel and also NTFS captive technology (write support) is available now. I plan to remaster this thing to add our favorite Distributed Computing and stress-testing applications, and maybe a few user-requested programs like firebird and karamba.

Anyway, the download is slow via bittorrent right now so you can help out.

Get Shadow's Exerimental bittorrent client and start downloading the torrent. Only Shadow's client works for this torrent!! Please leave your download window open for awhile after the download is completed so that you can help share this with others. The more people who get involved, the faster the download speeds we'll get.

Link to download Knoppix 3.4 via bittorrent- http://www.torrentz.com/torrents/download_3357

Note- Knoppix is GPL software and is freely available to the public.

I use your remasters so I will help out. Getting the torrent client at the moment. Will you be adding nForce support again?

EDIT: Also, I have never used a torrent client before, any tips or tweaks I should know about to improve anything?

Just install it and click the link.

You can limit the number of connections and upload speeds if you like, but unless it brings your LAN to a crawl I would just leave it at the default.

Naturally, I will add nforce2 support.

Done and done, I checked a few settings and increased my upload a bit. My Share rating keeps going up so it must be working. :)

EDIT: Another quick question. Can I reboot and resume the download without losing what I already have?

Last edited:
note: It's the german version, so use this cheatcode when you boot

knoppix26 lang=us

You have to press shift and then zero in order to get the + on the default german keyboard layout when entering cheatcodes.

Last edited:
Unpacked to my hdd now and beginning the process of customizing into Overclockix v 3.4.

Arkaine23 said:
Unpacked to my hdd now and beginning the process of customizing into Overclockix v 3.4.

Arkaine23 YOU RULE!!! Im just wondering one thing ..I have never been able to get my ATI ALL IN WONDER9700 PRO to work properly under Linux meaning the radeon theater chip has never worked (Tv-Tuner video capturing and so on..) Could you fix that with your Overclockix ? I know that there is support/drivers for the BTV chip (hauppauge tv cards) but nothing for AIW ...

you should also send ATI an Email stating that you are not going to be buying any more of there AIW products because of the lack of linux support. Every email is an email closer to them realising thjat it is something they should be doing.

Kendan said:
you should also send ATI an Email stating that you are not going to be buying any more of there AIW products because of the lack of linux support. Every email is an email closer to them realising thjat it is something they should be doing.

Well, how about we all send the same person one and link to a lobbying thread on the forum?

Believe me. The ATI/Linux petition thing has been tried. They can't even stabilize their Windows driver situatuion... so Linux has got to be worlds behind.

Back