• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Line in bites the dust.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killer7

Hello, I have a ATi TV Woneder VE card and I need some advice getting it up and running again. There is a cable going from the tv card into the line in jack on my onboard audio. Well, me being a moron I wanted to try to record some music from my guitar. If you know anything about amps you know that there is generally a plug into the amp to give headphone support (the one with the small jacks). I plugged in the adapter, then plugged my tvtuner card cable from the adapter to my line in. After a few minutes of playing the audio started to crackle and go out completely. When I plugged the cord back into the tv tuner I couldn't realy get audio. The only thing I could get was some faint audio if I turned my speakers up all the way, line in almost all the way down, and windows volume about 3/4 the way up. Now, I think we can rule out my tv card being fried because nothing was ever plugged into it when the line in died. That leaves the actual cord and the line in. Which do you think it is? I just want a second opinion before I go out and buy a sound card. Everything else on the motherboard seems to be working fine. Thanks!

Back