Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Video Cards > General GPU
General GPU
Forum Jump

Is my video card dead?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 02-08-04, 03:55 PM Thread Starter   #1
drenader

Is my video card dead?

Hi I had an older computer just laying around and decided i should put it to good use since i purchased a new router. Anyway when i put it back together and powered her up the monitor never activated, it turned on but never had the green light come on and nothing ever appeared on the screen. Has my voodoo 5 met his match? How can i know if thats the problem? And if that the thing what videocard should replace it for a p3 450mhz system. Nothing powerful just something that is equivilent to the old voodoo 5 lol.

Thank you

Dre
drenader is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-08-04, 04:13 PM   #2
SewerBeing
Grasshoppa Senior

have you tried a different monitor or a different video card? Oh yeah, I am asuming that that card is in a pci slot? well anything I could find is faster then your voodoo

"Always be sure to flash your bios during lightning storms!" MRD

Please Fold for team 32!
portage > apt > source > rpm > windows update
Gautam is a water buffalo
SewerBeing is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-08-04, 04:14 PM   #3
DDR-PIII
Disabled

Hmm, is it AGP or PCI ?, you just try and reset the bios, just remove that button batt for a few mins and see if that works. I dint think it coulda just died from sitting there, i've got a voodoo4 that ihad sitting around for a year and it ran just like new
DDR-PIII is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-08-04, 04:19 PM Thread Starter   #4
drenader

its a pci, i dunno whats wrong, worked fine a few months ago, i evened cleaned all the dust off everything.
drenader is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-08-04, 04:28 PM   #5
DDR-PIII
Disabled

weird, since its PCI, i assume that that motherboard also has on-board video ?, if it does try plugging your monitor into the on-board video and see if your monitor comes on.
DDR-PIII is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-08-04, 04:31 PM Thread Starter   #6
drenader

no onboard, the mother board actually has a graphic port, not sure why i purchased a pci when i did. And i tore up the old card, i know not ot do that anymore.

Old 02-08-04, 08:52 PM Thread Starter   #7
drenader

whats a good cheap replacment card that will do the same thing? This is just a secondary computer no real gaming needed.

Old 02-08-04, 09:37 PM   #8
brakezone

get the cheapest agp vga card u can find! how about a riva tnt2 or something LOL... that would probably be like a couple bucks and still be an upgrade!
brakezone is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Video Cards > General GPU
General GPU