• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which heatsink for my board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gravitywell

I'm having some trouble with my computer, (i think heat related) someone suggested reseating my processor. I figured "Why waste time on this aluminum coolermaster..." So....how do I figure out which of the Thermalright heatsinks will fit properly on my motherboard?

wow, that was a very quick, responsive...well, response!

I just was looking at thermalrights site, the 900a is the "newest" heatsink that lists my board. Now, any suggestions as to the fan I should use?

depends on you, if u get a tornado, you'll possibly have the best preforming combo for heatsink cooling (also possibly the loudest). if u get a panaflo you'll have a quiet and well preforming heatsink combo.
OR you can get something in the mid-range..

Does your mobo have 4 mounting holes next to the zif socket? I ask becasue I have seen 2 different pictures for it. One has 3 holes and the other has 4. If it has 4 I would suggest getting the SLK-947U or the SP-97. That coupled with the Panaflo U1A will make a good combo. The Panaflo might not be as fast as a Tornado but it doesn't sound like a vaccum cleaner either. The U1A produces 68cfm at only 43dba.

rxc said:
You can get either a L, M, or H model 92mm Panaflo. I use the M .

Thanks to BLKGTI who found the store. You can get the U model from Digi-Key.com. Just type in the search box P9760-ND.

I just checked and it seems they are out of the fan right now. So I would suggest sending them an E-mail to see when they will have it back in stock.

There is an alternative at digikey. Its the Panaflo 92mm U1BO,,.
It has the same specs as the U1A,the diff. being : BO = Locked rotor alarm sensor & Solid corner housing. The fan is $8.50 plus.
www.digikey.com ..Enter item# P11044-ND.. THE FANMAN:cool:

Thanks to CLICK for the find.

Back