• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI AIW 9800Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banukab

Registered
Has anyone here had any luck using the ATI AIW card in an overclocked rig with the extra heat that card supposidly puts off? I havent purchased all the hardware yet to complete the system so i don't have a lot to show of what exactly the system will be running at but I will be using an XP2500+ mobile processor and 1gb of ram. Cooler is a Coolermaster Aero 7+. Thanks for the help.

Just like any other rig; oc = more volts, more volts = more heat. As long as you have ample cooling you should be ok.

I got a OCed rig with AIW. Runs Fine. Check my sysyem specks to see. No special cooling, just a stock intel fan, good PS, and 3 case fans. Thou I did notice the AIW can't go as far as the 9800Pro, when comparing bench marks, but still gets a fair OC.

I can't say on the 9800. However my 8500 AIW is overclocked quite nicely. From what I have noticed with the 8500s the AIWs seem to get better faster ram.

why an MP not an XP,yeah it should be fine,i think the TV tuner is aluminum,so u can make a lil heatsink off that just hack an old HSf up or somtin,even to add onto the stock cooling or make ur own ramsinks

Back