• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help unlocking xp2400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Montee

Registered
Hi All
After many trys to unlock my multipliers on the xp2400 have failed.
I know or well think my board bios will handle it because it shows the multiplier but is ghosted out.
The chip is a Xp2400 with 266 fsb.
the #'s read
axad2400dkv3c
aixib o346rpbw
z368804190752
okie the L1 is all factory bridged
L3 1st 2 are factory bridged the 3 last are laser cut.
I've bridged the last L3 to see if it would unlock but it didnt. I know the bridge was fine i checked it with a meter.

System
Aopen AK77-333
xp2400/266
pc2700 - 1G

The system is clocked at 140fsb@15x =2100 xp2600
Any help would be nice

Is that a KT333 board? If so you're in luck. The chip you have is week 46 and every chip after week 43 is locked. This lock cannot be unlocked in any way except one: You must turn your chip into a mobile CPU and you will be able to change multiplier from windows. To do it you will need to connect the 2nd and 3rd L5 bridges (2nd for x24 max selectable multiplier and 3rd to actually make the CPU think its a mobile) Then you will have to see if your northbridge has FID Command Detect on enabled, you will need aprogram called HWiNFO to do that. If its set to enabled you then can download GCPUID (my sig, red link) and it will let you change the multipliers on the fly. The bad thing about this method is that you won't really be able to up the FSB speed, you will have to set it to an FSB you can at least get into windows so you can set the multiplier lower (if needed)

i'll try this

yes this mb is a via kt 333 chip
ok so let me get this right
first i have to bridge 2nd and 3rd L5 bridge
then look to see if i have FID Command Detect on enabled. Can i see this before i bridge the chip with HWiNFO. I've load the program but cant find where this is located in the program.

next i have to load GCPUID and this program will let me change the multiplier. Cant i do that in my bios? Alos if i use this progam will it save it to the bios or does it have to be done on every boot.

Also Is there a program that will let me lock the agp and pci or even the rams fsb
thanx for you help

okie here it is
i have closed no brodges yet
I used hwinfo to see if the northbridge has FID Command Detect on enabled, It has it enabled
So now i go ahead with the bridging Right?
I've loaded GCPUID but i see no place where to change the multiplier

yes, you must first close the bridges, then when you load GCPUID you will see your CPU displayed as a Mobile, if it does it means that you did the connection correctly and should have a red stop watch button at the top, click it and change away, also take a look at the read me file I added, you will be able to make a shortcut with the multiplier you want, and put it in your startup folder, it will load the setting and change the multiplier automatically.

There are no programs that will let you lock any of your speeds in windows or any other place, it must be made in the hardware.
And no my program doesn't change anything in the BIOS, if anything happens to fail, just reboot the thing.

So there is know way to unlock the multipliers so i can use the mb's bios to change the multipliers there. So I have to use that program to change them.

Well it didnt work
I have chosen to buy a new mb. I got an ABIT NF7-s Ver2
and guess what happen. It unlocked the chip. I now have full control of the multiplier with not doing anything to the chip.
Whats up with that.

Like Coolest stated before...since that is a week 46 stepping CPU it WILL be locked in the BIOS no matter what...AMD started locking the multi. around week 43...so this means no matter what you do or what hardware you use you will NOT be able to unlock the multiplier in the BIOS...

Best thing to do is get a MOBLIE 2500...the multi. are unlocked...

I'm sure if you understand what i said

the chip is unlocked now
I put it in the abit board and it has unlocked it. well i have full control of it in the bios.
I can (CAN ) change the fsb and the multiplier

How did you unlock a week 46 since it is on the die...another words coded on the CPU die ;)...there is no mod to unlock the week 43's and above as of right now...

Now you might have access to the multipliers in the BIOS...like I do...but just because you do have the options to change the multipliers does not mean you have a unlocked CPU :)

If you do have a unlocked CPU then just changing the multiplier will work and the CPU will boot up at whatever multiplier you set it too...as long as the cpu can handle that multi.

Example: I have a 2500 that runs at 11x166 (1.83Ghz) and I set the multi. in the BIOS to 10x166 (1.66Ghz) the UNLOCKED CPU will boot up at 10x166FSB (1.66GHZ) and you can check this out on the BIOS boot screen (will show CPU running at 1.66Ghz) or using a windows program such as WCPUID.

Now if you change the multi. in the BIOS and the CPU does not boot or still shows at its default multi in windows or the BIOS boot screen (default Ghz setting) then you have a LOCKED CPU.

Last edited:
well i guess i must have the only mb in the world that unlocked a locked chip
i can change the mulitipler in the bios and the system will boot up at the new setting. i check in wcpuid and it showes it.
so what can i say i guess im the lucky one.

Back