• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright oldies but goodies - get your bargains here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
In a search for sk7's, some might say I came up empty handed... But I think I found a lot of hidden gems out there. Everything listed below is either fairly rare, or being sold at a price that will be hard to beat anywhere else. Here's what I found:

You can find the sk7 in the UK here. Good luck finding it in the US. (Not aware of anyone carrying this any longer, the link is dead.)

You can buy the sk6 and sk6+ (w/o fans) for $12 and $15 at plycon. You can also find the sk6+ with a fan at crazypc for $15. If you want to impress that girl you like, be a baller and pay $23 for an sk6 at inflowdirect. (inflow direct now also charges $12 for it)

You can pick up an slk700 for $13.99 at hardcorecooling (this previously included a TMD fan for $17.99). You can find it elsewhere but with a TMD fan that is about the best you can do - I found places selling 70mm TMD fans for $10.

Find the alx800 at jab-tech for $15.99.

You can get the AX-7 at a couple places here and there (not anymore, these links point to different products now, not such good deals either), maxcooler has it for $20, as does heatsinkfactory.

Maxcooler's "Real Gem" IMO is one you won't find many places - the CB-6L for $8 with fan. (this is no longer available)

The "Real Gem" grand prize goes to KDCOMPUTERS with the CB-6L w/o fan for $3.50.

EDIT

Last edited:
The more you look the more you find. Its hard not to get side tracked in the hunt. Is that your new cat in the Avatar? :D Interesting finds,Keep your flow up & temps down,THE FANMAN:cool:

I cleaned cat hair and dust off of my fan blades and such today.It finally forced me to go filtered. What the hay,it cost a couple of degrees. How old is your cat now?The one that eats like a pig.:D
At least that kind of cat doesn't shead like the kind with the long tails. Looks like a little treasure trove or a blast to the past up above. THE FANMAN:cool:

cool. Is that hardcore cooling reputable? im looking to get an slk-700. tho i think my mobo is fried so im going to wait a bit untill i figure out whats going on with it.

I may pick up one of these heatsinks to put in my server machine. The stock AMD cooler really isn't cutting it.

The sk-6+ is in the top 10 of the OC.com rankings... It will be a fine cooler for dual durons.

Some of these resellers are buy at your own risk and I recommend you look at ressellerratings to get an idea about them. I haven't heard of some of these places until I dug.

Generally, they move a lot less inventory than other places or they would also be out of these sinks like everywhere else.

Archilochus: The pictures from a couple years back, Gus is where I got my name from "In Memory Of..." He would be almost three now. Born with a heart defect - a very temporary pet. :-/ My dog died yesterday too but atleast he was just old and had diabetes. I'm almost ready to give up on pets... I love having them but they don't live long enough. :-/

Sorry to hear your lose. They are dear friends that dont ask much from you.The more ppl's I meet the better I like my cats.:D Unfortunatly thats the way the mop flops.THE FANMAN:cool:

How do they compare to let's say a slk-947...
I only am in the ocing thing for a little while, and im not familiar with those oldies.

The sk7 outperforms the 947U by .01

The sk6+ is .02 behind the 947U

These things all make up the top of the rankings on oc.com, check it out

Well the best heatsink I linked to is the sk7 and here is a link to buy it in the UK.

I don't know what it's like over there getting things, but that would be the geographically closest option for you. Best of luck.

click: No, it isn't really a cat. ;) It's a vietnamese potbelly - my pet while I was at school at Ohio State.

Get a parrot those things live like 100 years. A tortoise would last a long time too. The tortoise would be crap though since its slooow and cant play fetch. Parrots are annoying too so I guess both kinda suck.
Anyways good find on the CBL i might pick on up to make ram sinks out of

IMOG said:
No, it isn't really a cat. ;) It's a vietnamese potbelly - my pet while I was at school at Ohio State.

Thank God of that because I was going to say that you have the ugliest cat in the world :) On another note I too lost my cat from a heart defect :(

Back