• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my pIII 700 cc0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sifu quoc

ok... i was just wondering if a peltier would help... i can post at 933, but it freezes as soon as i run f@home... i can do it at 1.75 - 1.80 volts... even if i push the voltage up to 1.90, it would do the same... so i think its the cooling....

i have a be6II 1.2, abit slotket, alpha pep with 80mm fan on a home made shroud... 2 sticks of 128 mb rev2 mushkin....

look like you got a good cooling system ... BUT you didnt mention if you used any thermal paste. So do you hvae any? IF not that may big your problem..
A TEC may help, it may not, but you do know to get the best cooling from one of them you have to water cool it.SO that is just another thought

Also, check the idle and load CPU temp. Check it when right after you run the game also.
It is possible that you may not have installed/mounted your super cooling setup. A little mistake with installing cooling devices on the surface of CPU chip can affect greatly in OC'ing. Otherwise.. I really dont know what is causing the problem.. If you did all this and still cause that problem, then Im afraid you have to take that CPU to the doctor and do a checkup.

i'm interested in your CPU temp. I run Folding and my secc P3 cB0 850 100 runs at 49.5 celsius when folding is on and 10 degrees less when it isn't.

yet it doesn't freeze on me (I also have Win 2k pro)..

Please post your cpu temp and operating system.

i use radio shack thermal paste...

i dont idle... i always run f@h.... avg is about 35 celsius i think.... but it has hit 49 before....

i also run win2k.... looks like my chip sucks huh???

currently 903 at 1.70 volts

It does sound like you have just gotten unlucky with the chip unless of course it is your video card, is it an agp and if so what type.
It would be cheaper to find somewhere that sells guaranteed chips than to set up a peltier system plus a lot less hassle

Similar results on a friend's overclock. PIII 700E to 933 133fsb at 1.90 volts 43 C core idle temp.

This is good considering the tiny case and intel stock hsf. Can't get it stable below 1.90 but runs very well as is. If he decides on investing a bit more in hsf I think we could easily reach 1 ghz+

Good luck, these particular chips can be real picky.

my video card is the inno3d geforce2 with 64 mb ram...

currently at 129fsb, 1.72 volts avg, 3.5 vio, 34 degrees celsius running f@h....

i can run 1053 if the in-depth queue is at 1.... should i do that? the ram benches really suck though if i do that....

i think my chip just sucks....

i think i fixed it... i put agp to normal, now im at 933 at 1.8V (1.77v avg)

nice job, doesnt it feel good to get to a speed that you couldn't before?
makes overclocking worth it , nice work

Back