• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comp froze then no video

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

click

Registered
Hey i have an IC7-Max3 and i turned on my comp and then after like 10 secs my screen completly froze. So i turned off my computer and then when i turned it back on a got a screen, but i couldnt tell what it was, it was like when your tv is fuzzy cause the cable got unplugged.
So i turn off my power supply. wait a while. then i turn it back on and after about 5 secs i get a beep. two fast beeps, and one more beep. On the monitor it says no signal. So i checked the agp and reinstalled the video card. I reset the CMOS.
I will test my card later when i can find one. So u think it is most likely the card?
TIA

Try this:

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1136/

Here are some examples:

BEEP Meaning
1-1-3 There is a problem reading the BIOS. Get a new motherboard.
1-1-4 The BIOS chip needs to be replaced. Its not really worth it, so just get a new motherboard.
1-2-1 The timer chip on the motherboard is bad. Get a new motherboard.
1-2-2 Get a new motherboard.
1-2-3 Get a new motherboard.
1-3-1 Get a new motherboard.
1-3-3 Get a new motherboard.
1-3-4 Get a new motherboard.
1-4-1 Get a new motherboard.
1-4-2 Some of your memory is bad.
2-_-_ Any combination of beeps after two initial beeps mean that you memory is probably bad. Try reseating it or swapping it out for a different stick.
3-1-_ Get a new motherboard.
3-2-4 This error means the chip on your motherboard that controls your keyboard (A20 gate) is not working properly. First, try a different keyboard. If all else fails, you probably have to get a new motherboard.

Do you have a spare Vid card to try out? Also are you or were you overclocked when this happened?

Back