• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which HSF To Put In a Lian-Li Pc60

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jay8oP

im asking this question because the exhaust fan and the fan from my psu is pretty close to my current hsf which is a alpha8942. and since alphas work best sucking air away from the hsf it has no problems with the exhaust and psu. could someone recommend me a hsf that will work decently sucking air away from the hsf, because i dont think blowing air on it will do anygood cause it seems like it will be fighting the psu and exhaust for cool air. oh yes im changing my current hsf because it seems to hit temps up to 65c running 2x prime95 it also has a 37cfm fan on it. TIA!

If you've got an 8942, I'd stick with it. Something should be wrong with your setup if you're getting temps that high. You check all the normal stuff like mounting, thermal grease, and the like?

my system temps are only in the low 30's while primming away the hsf reaches temps up to 65c, i touched the hsf and it was pretty hot not burning hot but it was hot. i had thoughts about getting a better fan but dont really want the noise since i sleep about 2 feet away from the case and my computer is on 24/7. so i was thinking a new hsf that can fit a 92mm since the panaflows push a lot of air with low noise.

If the heatsink is hot then you definitely need more airflow. It should be cool or warm. Never hot.

I've seen pics of people putting fans sucking air out of large Thermalright heatsinks, not sure if that was their intended use or not though. It'd work, and decently I bet.

i have my front intake fans ducted to my window which pulls in cool air so im pretty sure its not a air flow problem. do you think a new hsf would make things better? im really not looking to buy a louder fan since i am a light sleeper.

the sp-94 at sidewinder is sold out i was planning on buying from jab-tech since they have pretty good prices but they dont seem to have the fan you speak of. :(

isnt the tail included at jab-tech? if not where can i buy it at.

You can also flip the power supply so that the fan is on the top of the case. That's how I have mine setup in my Lian Li pc-60 and my psu is fine. Plus my cpu temp a.t.m. is at 32 deg C with a case temp of 26 deg C.

archilochus said:
No they don't include it, but they have one for sell.THE FANMAN:cool:

3 TO 4 PIN ADAPTER LINK :)

oh i thought you ment it didnt come with the 3 pin connector. cant i just connect that to the mobo or do i have to connect it to the psu line.

serraph: i was thinking about doing that but theres not much clearance from the top of the case for the psu to suck air in.

what would you suggest connecting it to the psu line or mobo header?

current i only have 2 fans connected to my ic7 3 if you include the northbridge i guess ill just buy the adapter and hook it up to my psu line.

Back