• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermalright ALX 800 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nightmare3215

I just ordered one from jab-tech with a panaflo h1b ( I think thats the model ).

Does it come with its own thermalgrease? I ask this because I haven't got my as5 in the mail yet, and I want to know if I'll be covered if I don't get it when the hs comes in.

No, I'm pretty sure they don't come with thermal paste. Even if they did, you would want to use the AS5 anyway, it would be much better than anything they would send you.

Every Thermalright heatsink I have ever bought (2 Ax-7's, 2 SK-7's, 1 SLK-800a, 1 SLK-947u) has included either a syringe or little sealed plastic bag of thermal paste. So more likely than not it will contain some.

Thermalright told me the TIM they send is a silicone based paste. I wouldn't use it. Wait, til you get your AS TIM...THE FANMAN:cool:

Lol, yeah mine came with thermal paste too, now that I think about it, I had forgotten because I threw it away immediately and used AS Ceramique. But anyway, yeah use the AS5. . .

Back