• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"sorting out" my loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on how i should setup my w/c loop. Here is the way i have it now.

PUMP/RES ---> CPU ----> RAD ---->GPU w/ PELT ---->NB -----> PUMP/RES

The reason I ask is because im trying to figure out what would be best for not causing water flow restricion and to still get "cool" water to the WB on the pelt so it will remain working quite well if not better because cooling this thing is whats holding me back still.

i would think you would want the pelt last before the rad. the water coming off the pelt is going to be the warmest, right? id think cpu>nb>gpu>rad>pump

That isn't always true when dealing with peltiers.

I've seen some loops where the water coming off of a 172watt pelt and a 226watt pelt is a few C above the water right out of the radiator.

sandman001 said:
That isn't always true when dealing with peltiers.

I've seen some loops where the water coming off of a 172watt pelt and a 226watt pelt is a few C above the water right out of the radiator.

Well, that may or may not be true, I guess it depends on how fast the water is moving, but if it is, then I guess it would come down to whether or not changing the order is worth the extra tubing length (and added flow restriction).

Back