• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

keep getting disconnected from AIM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-N-

i dunno why.. I think it's Zonealarm or something.

I'm connected to AIM for some times.. then it just logs off randomly and signs me back on. My screen name still says i was logged on for like 10 minutes or whatever. Does anyone know how to fix this? it gets kinda annoying.

it does that with me for msn sometimes too. it's often times just the server, or your firewall/isp/connections.

have you tried uninstalling it and trying again?

you could also try downloading a really huge file off an ftp site of some sort while you re on aim. check to see if the download is interupted or slows when aim signs you off.

if theres no change in your connection, you ve reinstalled aim, and running out of ideas...just wait it outs. its most likely not your fault, or your computer's fault.

if its really bugging you that much, switch to a program like trillion, that lets you sign into the AIM network as well as other networks. it might just be a problem with the AIM program not liking something in/installed on your computer? ya never know. i say just wait it out itll prob go away

Back