• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sympatico Speed Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

Anyone Sympatico DSL users notice a diff in service yet? I am not sure when the free 3 meg upgrade will take effect. Is it piecmeal or we all get it all at once?

I just noticed that my current download is way faster than usual:
227kbs:D Normally it is around 120kbs. After it finishes downloading I will give her a proper bandwidth test to see if that 3meg service kicked in.

I got my upgrade:D i tested 2.9 meg and my last download was 217 kbps. that is definately an improvement over previous tests!!

(previous tests were 1.3 average and most downloads 120kbps)

hey i'm thinking of getting ADSL. How much you guys pay per month (after tax). And what plan is it? Do they cap the bandwidth?

Will i have the free upgrade too? Or they just lower the price the 3.0megs plan.

Thanks

MameXP said:
hey i'm thinking of getting ADSL. How much you guys pay per month (after tax). And what plan is it? Do they cap the bandwidth?

Will i have the free upgrade too? Or they just lower the price the 3.0megs plan.

Thanks

please post a new thread if you feel it necessary

Yes!!

Looks like my Sympatico Ultra service will also be upgraded to 4Mb/800Kb

Now i just need to wait for them to stick to their word.

I love this service! :D

MameXP said:

Thanks

JaJmon...that was Rude?!?!? I dont mind Mame Xp asking his question here..besides we are both a few stars your senior and and know the rules & polititcs of this forum pretty well by now!!!!

Her ya go Mame!
The bandwidth is not capped(it used to be):D . I am on a 3 month $24 plan and then service charges bump up to $39. It is more expensive than some other companies but I was w/ VIF.com previously and the service was deplorable and I did not recieve the 1.5 service I was paying for. I went w/ sympatico as they have reliable service..worth the extra $10 a month.
Sympaticos plan change all the time, last I heard they had a 3 month free service if you sign up for a year. They also had a plan at X-mass where you could get a X-Box for $100 if you sign up w/ them.

Best of my Knowledge, the 3 meg is a free upgrade for all members and it is not exclusive to sympatico, many cable companies have already implemented this service upgrade at no extra cost. Seems like 3 meg will be the standard across Ontario.:)

Edit: I forgot to mention the modem rental. Sympatico charges a Modem rental for "EVERYBODY", even if you have your own. This is the only thing I dislike about Sympatico service. I have my own modem and router and feel that I should not be charged for renting one of theirs that I do not even use!:mad:

Last edited:
Back