• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage up to 1.9, FSB up to 118, CPU up to 1003 :¬)}

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats a sweet o/c.

I wish my celly 600 would go to 1ghz without an extreme voltage increase.
cough-cough-2.3v-cough-cough

Stable as Wimpdows gets.

Stable enough to run Rally Champ 2000 (with Seti in the background)

Cut the volts to 1.85 and it's still "supersweeet".

Although I have to admit it's been running at 850 since Early March, after getting a good burn-in at 808MHZ/2.0V on my Abit Slocket, before I got the Soltek, and could run stable at 850/1.8V. Anything over 850 at 1.8V would cause registry repair loops.

This afternoon, I upped the volts to 1.9 on my Slocket (Soyo mobo only has +7.5%= 1.8v tops) and using SoftFSB I played with it. Got it up to 1003, but then it BSOD'd because of my RAM (PC100 CAS2 don't run at 140MHz+ even if set to CAS3) was set to HOST+PCI. I set it to HOST -my RAM is capable of 124Mhz CAS2 (used to run pII 400@ 496) - which is 118MHz.

Restarted the machine and Reg Repair appeared (as expected). Once Wimpdows had restarted, I used SoftFSB to up it to 118. I then installed & ran Rally Champ 2000, as this is the ultimate stabilty test. Ran 3DMark2000 (w/ strange results- probly to do with Vid drivers!) before restarting, going into the BIOS and setting FSB at 118 in the BIOS.

I got it to POST and load the Win98 boot floppy menu at 1003 (Boot floppy used so as not to screw Wimpdows) way back in March, so I knew POSTing wouldn't cause problems.

Temps aren't bad either. I got bored waiting for a replacement clip for my PEP66, so I'm using my lapped FKP32, which was on there before. CPU temp has only climbed 2*C from 850.

I've been able to back it down to 2v (was at 2.05v) and under full load hasn't hit 40c, stays about 38c. This is with air only, but like 9 fans in all. I've got 2 120mm and 1 80mm intake, 2 80mm and 1 120mm exhaust. Delta 7K on the Alpha. 2 Sunon 80mm on PSU. At warm times of the day, I open the case and have a big window fan blowing directly inside. Now that summer is on the way I suppose I'll have to back'er down a bit unless I can get my H2O rig up :)

Before ya ask, no its not loud. Of course between years of shooting and doing hardwood floors with no ear protection I guess I'm not the best judge of louditude Hehehehe.......

Very very nice, im waiting on parts for a cel 400 rig, eventually i'll get a 566 or 600, im leanin toward the 566 now :). I was about to pick up a soltek slotket myself but the store charged 15$ shipping to canada so i got a gigabyte pro, 32 vcore adjustments. Well thats a very nice OC, once the rig is built im getting a 566 for sure. Ohh yeah ive got a soyo 6ba +III (in the mail actually) Again great work!

-OF

Back