• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

** UPDATE ** BE6-II with Cel.800 boot fail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ski-man

Thanks heaps for all the replies guys. Every bit of info helps.

I found out some more interesting stuff today.

Apparently, the BE6-II and other ABIT boards suffer from the common 'cold boot' problem. This continues to occur until you cant boot at all. The cause of this fault is the cappies i was speaking of earlier.

The guys who sent the info in said to remove the suspect cappies and replace them with a higher voltage rated cappie. You keep the same capacity (1500uF - which is goddamed hard to find ... but i did find them) and same temp ratings. They suggested to go to perhaps a 12V instead of the 6.3V unit. The reason the 466 still may work is that its core voltage is 2V as opposed to 1.7 for the 800. The cappies may be able to supply enough filtered power to keep the 466 juiced up and running.

I tried a BIOS re-flash today, but still no boot obviously.

Im going to go with a suggestion from one of you guys (buy a 300W supply) and see what that does before i go into the mobo rectifications. But i DO think at least 3 of my cappies are rooted. I wiggled one of them and it made this sounds like high pressure escaping from a hole ... like a slow "bzzzzzt".

Keep the suggestions coming. Ill get to the bottom of this sooner or later. I was also going to try a mates P111 and see what it does.

ThankS !

Back