• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.4gig 800fsb. When will prices drop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stabber

Well I have a 2.6c gig now and it seems faaaassssssttt.
I cant fathom what a 3.4c gig would be like. But I dont plan to sell my arms to find out.

When do you think prices will drop on them? 6 months? A year? Never? Would like to see them in the under $200 area

Last edited:
Probably not any time soon, it was just released and it is the last speed step for the northwood core. Why not just overclock your 2.4 to 3.4. With a decent air cooler many can get up to 3.4-3.5 gig range. After all this is overclockers.com

snvpa said:
Probably not any time soon, it was just released and it is the last speed step for the northwood core. Why not just overclock your 2.4 to 3.4. With a decent air cooler many can get up to 3.4-3.5 gig range. After all this is overclockers.com

I would but the sudden death syndrome worries me. If I were to oc, it would be very subtle. Like 3.0 gig. Would like to keep volts stock

Steven4563 said:
your cpu wont die aslong as its kept cool look in my sig i make my cpu scream 24/7 and its still alive after 6 months like it

For AMDs that it true.

For Intel you could not be more worng. It has been shown on this forum and many others that 1.7v and higher is damaging to the Intel chips, may of them die very quicky some last long.

As to the price of the 3.4 going bellow $200 is going to take quite some time. I would say atleast 6 months.

Judging by the fact that many intel users have gotten their 2.4c's to 3.4 gig and higher. I wouldn't worry about killing them. Some have even gotten there on stock v core. If you don' want to raise v core then don't, but try to run it as fast as you can. You should be able to get to 3.2 gigs or so without a problem. And due to the higher fsb speed with a 2.4 @ 3.2 over a 3.4 @ 3.4 performance difference between the two should be marginable at best. It is true that northwoods suffer from SNDS but with stock or slightly higher vcore, the problem is minute. Its when you hit 1.7v or higher that these chips fail due to electromigration.

Back