• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

plugged in new powersupply, pc won't turn on.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

This PSU is the Sparkle dual xeon powersupply with the converters for my mobo (NF7-S v2).

yeah, i stick it in, connect everything, hit the power button, fans and all turn on for a split second or two then everything goes off...

Then no matter how many times i hit the power button again... nothing.

If i unplug the cable from the PSU, then plug it back in, then push the powerbutton then same things happen (all fans go on for a split sec).

When i stick my trusty old Antec in there, it posts just fine, then i re-connect this sparkle, same thing, split second then off...

whats this mean? Does this mean this is the second defective PSU i got from newegg?

edit: The NF7-S Power light in the corner does come on when the PSU is plugged in

Last edited:
Means somethings not right.

Try and jump the power supply. Dissconnect it from the system completly. Then get a wire, strip it 1/2" on both ends and stick one end into ground on the ATX connector. (green is ground) then stick the other end into one of the black wires untill the PSU starts. I think there are 4 different black wires, just test them all till you get some where.

Oh and make sure that the switch on the back of the PSU is on. Make sure the power cable is good, as well as the wall socket.

I've already done that, done i before i stuck it in the system to see how loud it is, works fine when jumped. (fan goes on)

Edit: there is no switch on the PSU, its designed as an always on server PSU.

Edit: Wire and wall outlet fine, used it for my other antec PSU.

Back