• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me get the most out of my 2.4C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InvisGreenMan

Setup

2.4C SL6Z3
SP-94 w/ Panaflow 56cfm + voodooduct
IC7-G Max II Advanced
512Mb mushkin PC3500 level II 2,2,2,6 @ 5:4 2.8v(max)
GAT: A,A,A,D,D
PCI AGP ratio: Fixed

Currently I am at 260FSB and it seems to be prime stable, but I can not boot into windows at 275FSB.

Load: 47C
Case @ load: 30C
Vcore @ load: 1.49v
Vdimm @ load: 2.78v
12.00v rail @ load: 11.80

I was wondering if replacing the thermal pad under the northbridge HS with ceramique would help stability.

thanks

Bump the Vcore to 1.65 and see if that helps. Replacing the TIM under the NB HSF can't hurt but probably won't help your situation. If you haven't already, raise the VDimm to the max available.

Nope, 1.65 is fine. 1.7+ is the reported danger zone for those running on air. BTW, I run the SP-94 with the 92mm Panasonic H1A and I have no issues with temps so you should be fine in that aspect.

Did you replace the TIM under the northbridge on your AI7?

thanks for the help so far, I'm working on 285FSB right now...

Yes, I replaced the stock gum with some AS5. It didn't make a difference either way in terms of temps or stability. Good luck with the OC. Report back if you see some improvements :D

Prime is running great with 285FSB at 1.61v load (set at 1.65 errors at 1.625). The ram is in 3:2 right now, as I am only testing the CPU.

Load: 51C <-- Is this ok?

Are these voltages and temps going to significantly damage my processor's life?

Edit: I also put the timings at 2,3,2,5...heard these are better for the 875 chipset.

I bumped the Vcore back to 1.55V and am testing it at 275FSB. I would like to keep it at a lower Vcore for safety's sake. Hopefully I will be able to get about ~280FSB at this Vcore before I have to up it again.

Temps went down to 48C @ load.
Vcore @ load is now 1.51V

I'll keep ya updated.

I am now at 282FSB @ 1.51V (1.55 BIOS). It will not run prime for longer than 2-3min at anything higher than 282 unless I jack the Vcore up two notches to 1.6. I think I will settle for this for now.

thanks for the help.

Back