• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Top Gaming Mice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dtx01

Registered
For some reason my right click button on my mouse was giving my trouble so i tried to take it off and maybe fix it somehow but i just ended up f'in up the button itself so i'm in the market for a new mouse. i had a pretty generic microsoft optical intellimouse. i want something nice, maybe wireless, and it has to be great for gaming and VERY comfortable. i work at staples and we sell this microsoft intellimouse with a leather feel to it [link] but we don’t have it on display so i don’t really know how good it is. and its on sale too for like $40. what do u guys suggest for a great optical (possibly wireless) gaming mouse. thankx :D

also should i get one of those steed pads or ratpadz?

Go for a steelpad. It will last 100x longer than the ratpadz believe me!

The ratpadz is alright but the Steelpad is better. Its like the smooth side of a func1030.

I like the MX500 or its wireless brother the MX700. They have the extra two buttons on the side and a thumb grove.

Oh and they suck if you are left handed.

MX700 or MX500, both are really good. Its kinda nice having the wireless though =) and you don't buy mice often, so i say go for the MX700

my Radpadz is awesome, best mousepad I've ever used...but I havent used a steelpad.

here's the mouse I'm using now. The thumb button is very convenient during games, much easier to use than pressing the wheel, IMO.

I would think Logitech makes better ones. Go with any wireless optical. Wireless has one weak point of require replace batteries really often. Once a week for me.

#18 said:
I would think Logitech makes better ones. Go with any wireless optical. Wireless has one weak point of require replace batteries really often. Once a week for me.

The MX700 has a charging cradle. I have had mine for over a year, and the charge lasts for a few days.

#18 said:

Good lord man what do you do, use that thing 24 hours a day? I think my wife replaces the batteries in hers about every 2-3 months.

Rich

I use rechargeable batteries. The ones in my keyboard last 1 months usually. I use my mouse too much. A few times I had to replace fresh charged batteries again after only 2 days. The batteries I use were claimed to be "the best available". Still so crappy lol. The battery technology needs to be improved. I use Logitech Elite Duo(keyboard and mouse) by the way.

I vote the mx700. never runs out of batteries sans a 72hour lan party (never happens). Just put it in the cradle at night. Never skiped a beat.

Im getting the mx 510 its the best gaming mouse their is its new and u can get it on ebay. the gamers give it a 9 out of 10!! The best mouse pad is the ratpadz and if u buy pine sol it well go fast as hell!! Im getting my mouse next week along with the ratpadz cant wait!

MX700. my microsoft mouse started to die after a year, it clung to life for another year. the problem was it it would just stop working... reboot ussually fixed it, sometimes banging it fixed it. after a while I realize the cord was the problem(or so I suspect).

replaced it with an MX700 with much skepticism. never had wireless, or logitech.

couldnt be happier. I use the PC, Id say 6hours a day. maybe 8. I charge it overnight 2x a week. though it only takes about 3 hours to go from dead to full.

I was playing warcraft3 once, and it died 100%, I stuck it in the cradle and played by keyboard for 4min(no exageration, the game had a timer on it). pulled it off the cradle and proceeded to finish the game, and then surf the web for another 3 hours! it charges fast.

mcoleg said:
it's more comfortable than traditional razer design.

while the regular razor design may be uncomfortable at first, once you get used to it you'd be suprised how much more natural it feels :)

Back