• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"i can't do it captain, i need more power!"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jo3

Im running a 2600+ with 512mb of pny ddr3500 ram on an asus a7v8x-x mobo with a no name 350watt ps. what i was wondering was if my power supply would be the reason when i overclock the computer will freeze. I mean i know the chip can take what i'm pushing it to. ive only gone up to 2.4 on it because the motherboard was too hot with the 400fsb, but when im just slightly overclocked like around the 2.2 range it will still freeze sometimes. ive run the burn-in wizard in sisandra for about 2 days and nothing happend, but when i ran a game or something that used alot of the systems resources memory and hard drive wise it would freeze.

currently i have 2 80 gig maxtor hard drives, a gforce 4 ti 4600, a dvd+- burner, my sound blaster live and an ethernet card using my power.

could it just be that it needs more power?

Back