• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SMP, a short love story.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DayUSeX

Well as you all know UT2k4 DEMO is out, and boy what a blast it is. Im hooked on that powernode mode. Unfortuantly deadlines are arriving. But i said why not, and on my SMP Xeon workstation while I hit render I decided to boot up the demo and see how it did. All I can say is wow. I mean the load time were horrible (hard drive getting thrashed from reading textures), but once the game got up it ran silky smooth on at 1600x1200. After two rounds, i decided to check back on my render, and guess what. The frames were taking about 26 minutes to render compared to the 15 they were taking before. Not half bad, becuase i can alway say im getting work done :p :p. Still im suprised that it got anyframes done, as there is always a F@H running to take up that one spare cycle, ut2k3, photoshop and max running, and work still got done, and i got to frag on. Wow i would hate to see my old 2100+ try and do this. Ah who says you cant game and work on an smp =P

Ain't that a beautiful thing. Can't count how many times the 760mpx tiger cranked video out when needed:D

nodark said:
*sniff*
what a great story...
I think I'm gonna go hug my duallie :)

rotfl.gif

nodark said:
*sniff*
what a great story...
I think I'm gonna go hug my duallie :)

When I hug both of mine it's like a threesome!:D

Looking at buying another right now too! :D

yeah i htink i need to build another duali just so we could all enjoy life and be happy together. THe whole world should go smp

I just recently traded my 2.4 ghz AMD rig to my sister for my old Asus A7m266-d rig with a pair of 1700+'s at stock. I missed it so much. :)

You are to think, hmmmm, I'm selling a dually...he is thinking of buying one, hmmmmmmmm

:D

I dont know how i ever got by without my duallie rig....

there is just nothing better that being able to multitask, i mean REALLY multitask, i regularly burn cd's play video files, type in various forums, and all the while folding TWO instances of Folding@Home in the background, and the only sign of slowness is the HD accessing, no stuttering in the movies i am playing, no buffer underuns on the cd's,

somebody somewhere said,

"Creamy SMP Goodness"

My thoughts exactly!!!!

i think im in love:cool:

Remove said:

When I hug both of mine it's like a threesome!:D

Looking at buying another right now too! :D
Its an orgie with my 10 SMPs, except I really dont like those ladies whose father was RMBS. He is really nasty and never lets the ladies perform.

(on a serious note, I have 2 rambuses that the ram for them cost more than the whole system without ram ($120 each for the system w/o ram, IBMs), and one Intel OR840 that would never POST and gave an undocumented beep code (1-7-1 I think), I HATE RAMBUS, I dont $800 for 2 256mb pc800 sticks)

Back