• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally OC'ed my new system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jiggamanjb

Well, I finally got around to OC'ing my new comp. The stats:
2100+ JIUHB DUT3C , 178FSB , Multi @ 12 , OC'ed to ~ 2150 , CPU voltage @ 1.75 , full load temp 51C
RAM running @ 1:1 / 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 11 @ 2.9v
Any other info is in my siggy.
Tested with Memtest and Sandra no errors 100% stable. Got one question though - When I go up in CPU voltage and run Sandra I get the siren beep from the mobo. According to the beep codes that means a voltage problem. So if I were to get a new PSU would that solve the problem? I can boot to windows at a higher multi and voltage, but it crashes. I would like to keep OC'ing this thing. By the way, any comments on my OC'ing are greatly appreciated.

It's very possible that 350W just isn't cutting it, but I doubt that's the problem. Are you sure that the siren you're hearing is referring to voltage problems and not heat?

Also, I would definately consider replacing that FX 5200. I had one, it just wasn't enough and NO DirectX 9 games will play decently on it. Just my $0.02.

Back