• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P3 866 correction

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hulio

In the post directly below this 1 i said my core volt was 1.5!! CORRECTION its @ 1.75 my mistake wasnt payin attention sorry!! Runnin my P3 866 at 1007 mhz!! Asus cuv4x-e mobo, fsb @ 155 core voltage @ 1.75. At full load i hit a temp. of 111f for my cpu and 89f for the mobo.. System is stable no lockups, are these temps extreme or dangerous for a intel p3 866? Lil bit of feedback would be appreciated plz.

Are your load temps extreme or dangerous? No, but they are getting a tiny bit warm. I prefer keeping my full load temps below 40 degrees C (102-103 degrees F) Running at those high FSB speed require really good cooling solutions for complete stability and longevity. In addition to a good CPU cooler, extra motherboard and case cooling is sometimes needed too.

Back