• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward Ti4200 unlocking!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pistyll

Hi,
I have just taken delivery of a Gainward Ti4200 128meg 8x AGP card, Benchmarked it with 3d mark 2001se got 12124 3d marks, however with my old Gainward Ti4200 4x AGP card I got 12291 on stock settings but was able to o/c this card to 320/598 and got 12919 marks, The 8x AGP version will only allow me to o/c 5% whereas the 4X AGP let me o/c to 28%!!! giving the large difference. I would have expected the 8x AGP version to be just as o/clockable as the 4x version, in fact I expected a little more to be honest with you. I have been told that maybe it has been factory locked!! and that there are numerous articles on how to unlock it on the web by removing a certain transistor and soldering through to bridge the gap!!! has anyone heard of this and where can I find out how to do it please!!! HELP!!!!

Back