• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nice pics of cDo 1Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freshy98

Don't know if anybody already saw them, just thought it is nice looking, although text is in Japanees.

c ya

20 may 2001: forgot to mention the site where I found the link..sorry fot that! It's www.tweakers.net and it's in Dutch.. http://www.tweakers.net/nieuws/16966
It doesn't say anything about it more than on the Japanees site, for whom it can read ;-) It's the little part above the 2 chip pictures.
Just wanted to let you guys now!

Nice find!!

Looks like these will be a lot easier to get a hsf to sit level on, with the core being as large as that.

I'll take one, with fries, to go, please.....=)

Mr B

Is that right? Anyone with one of these chips care to refute or confirm that it is a cDo. It just seems surprising to me that the die would be so drastically different on just a stepping change. That would be awsome if it was. The added surface area would make a nice cooling improvement.

I dont think thats a cD0 P3.
The numbers you can see do not match anything at intel but I cant see the whole thing cause of the green reflection.
Its probably a Tilatim or whatever the other new ones are called.
I know they will have a 1ghz version of those.

From reading the Intel product update sheet(which was actually out last December), it appears that not all of the cD0 chips will have the Integrated Heat Spreader (IHS).. According to the doecument, the IHS will only be used on the PIII 1 GHZ FCPGA's. Furthermore, not all of the cD0 PIII 1 GHZ chips will have the IHS, only some of them. I have yet to hear of anyone actually getting a cD0 chip through normal distribution channels(let alone one with an IHS). There was a guy on this forum who works for Compaq that said they had received some cD0 PIII 866's (this was several weeks ago).

I believe that Intel told OEM's to be prepared to start receiving the new revision sometime in April.

The one in that picture appears to be some type of engineering sample(instead of having an s-spec code it has a similar code that starts with a "Q". Actually, it oculd be the new Tulatin chip which I believe will actually use the same type of IHS.

Back